I recently got my very own Brigham City Library card!!! YAY. Ry keeps making fun of me, just because he is not cool enough to have one...
So after reading through Oprah's Book Club list I have decided on the ten books I want to read this year, and probably will have to get right on this since I'm sure law school will get in the way come September.
1. Jane Eyre- I decided I needed to read this after watching Definitely Maybe
2. Battle Hymn of A Tiger Mother- I'm just intrigued on why all asians have to be over achievers
3. Freedom- my mom bought this book, so it must be good
4. I think I love you- the title alone
5. The Catcher in the Rye- apparently a classic
6. The Biography of Marjorie Pay Hinkley- because I love her and I bought it 2 years ago...
7. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day- movie looks cute, but there's no way I'll get Ry to sit thru it
8. Joseph Smith's Lectures on Faith- was an institute class I never took and wish I did
9. Cold Sassy Tree- I'm cheating. I started this in Dec, it was a fun Christmas read
10. Standing For Something-started & used in church probably ten times without ever reading it all the way through
And now I have to admit that I have actually finished #s 1, 7, and 9 thanks to my job at the USU extension here in Brigham City. But, I quit that job last week (one down two to go). So now I will probably start moving a LOT slower. But for my last week I read Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day in two sittings during my classes! I loved it, it was just what I needed to get me through an uneventful week in March.