Friday, June 8, 2012

A Perfect Day

Way. More. Fun. Than. Expected.
Theme Park Goers-
the other couple is pregnant and opted out of the roller coasters

A look of sheer terror
NOT loving the 20 foot Woodstock ride- we watched and laughed our butts off.

Little girl in the center was my favorite. She had THE biggest frown I've ever seen!

Camp Snoopy


The wind seeker- I. was. terrified.
Nauseating swings up 300 and some odd feet in the air.
Not my favorite.


After riding EVERY roller coaster in the park, we headed to the beach.

LOVED it! 

Love HIM.


The day after finals..I can't believe that was almost a month ago...we drove to California with some of our best friends from law school. At the beginning of the trip we all decided due to our lack of preparation it would either be awesome or so awful that it would make a hilarious story one day. I am happy to report it was the first option. It was PERFECT, everything I had hoped for- for a bunch of indecisive and totally lax people we pulled it off amazingly well. 


We started the trip at the greatest Hawaiian restaurant- complete with live ukelele music. Perfect. Then all 6 of us stayed in a hotel room with 2 queens- we were prepared to sleep on the floor, but actually had a fold out couch as well. Perfect. After a continental breakfast we hopped on a shuttle to the theme park, which was honestly about 2 blocks down the street from us. Perfect. We were within walking distance. So, we got there before the park even opened, along with at least 8 different groups of student groups- really missed the boat on the matching t-shirt dress code. But got to run with the mass of kids through the gates when the park opened and ride the longest, most intense roller coaster I have ever ridden on the front row! Perfect.


I was like a giddy school girl at the theme park, I loved every minute. I had forgotten how much I love roller coasters- even and especially the old wooden ones. It was perma-grin central for me. AND headache central for Ryan :) After literally riding every roller coaster in the park and having a corn dog (AKA perfect teem park lunch.) we went to the beach- freezing and windy but still made the day that much better to see it! We ended the day with Thai food- our favorite. The perfect ending to the hardest school year of our lives!




We are now second year law students! And looking forward to summer of school, work, and playing the sun. Next destination- Lake Powell...after a lot of summer school...



No comments:

Post a Comment