Tuesday, June 26, 2012

RAGNAR

The stars aligned for me to run my first "race" that was greater than a 5k. 
My mom's team needed someone to fill in and I got nominated, actually Ryan got nominated but had work to do, so I got accepted as the replacement for the replacement- but whatev. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. And I was shocked because I HATE running. I could barely run 2 miles and walked at least 1 mile of my last 5k- and no worries I definitely walked a few times during my 4, 4 and 6 mile legs, but I actually really enjoyed it. 
So without further ado, here are the top moments of RAGNAR 2012
  • The return to Logan- dumb I know- but I have missed that place, so many fun college memories, so it was really fun going back at 4 AM.
  • Also just the Logan to Park City trail in general- everyplace we went was beautiful!
  • LOVED all the team names and costumes and decorated cars- it's basically a two day parade and I was loving it.
  • Being in VAN 1 definitely the better van- not running in the middle of the night or middle of the day- seriously my runs were ideal- about 9 am, 8 pm, and 11 am. And the people were AWESOME- Grey and Oakley and Syd were hilarious and kept us laughing the whole trip
  • Speaking of Syd..oh how I love her- poor thing blew out her knee on her run up Avon's pass so when we got to Snow Basin for our van's down time- She took what she told us was 4 ibuprofen but actually turned out to be 3 ibuprofen and an ambien. OH. MY. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Here are the early warning signs that Syd has taken an ambien:
    • Step 1- She will be ready to have fun- this started with her spraying silly string all over everyone in the car and spraying orange glitter in my hair.
    • Step 2- She will become dizzy and laugh a lot while saying things like "This is the funniest ragnar ever!" and "I am so funny."
    • Step 3- Grey tells her to lay down in the back of the car and drink some water, which she will squeeze to make a geyser when handed to her, and refuse to drink until Grey gets a water bottle so they can toast or "laikiam" in her words.
    • Step 4- She will sing "Soldier Boy"but mostly mumbled until the Superman and HOE part
    • Step 5- She will also decide we need to find a cowboy to teach us to dance...
    • Step 6- When asked how's she's feeling she will say "I'm fine"and that "My head is just floating on a cloud and I 'm sitting on a rainbow."
    • Step 7- When asked what did you take she will attempt to count 6, no 5, no 4 ibuprofen on her fingers.
    • Step 8- Any pounding noise will result in her screaming "It's the Germans! They're coming for our food."
    • Step 9- At this point we called her husband to pick her up in Mountain Green, where she tells him she's fine and she's just being funny. And once she gets off the phone is upset at whoever told on her.
    • Step 10- Went by the hospital on her way home and she's ok. But will be waking up at 4 am the next morning to re-join the van and cheer on the rest of the team! She is awesome!
  • Having yummy mexican food in Heber City!
  • Watching all the tired, sore, sunburned, and bandaged runners cross the finish line.



The Finish Line

 Me, Sean, and Mom
Team Family! Go Cousins! 
 Nicknames- that's right Syd gave me a new nickname, (also good if I ever become a superhero )
K-Force

The Car- (those are eyes not boobs)

Team Run!?!? We thought you said Fun.

1 comment: